Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Canon 7D


Carrion Crow taken with Canon 7D

After much deliberation and internet research I took the plunge and bought a Canon 7D.
I read lots of comments about image quality and noise which were of concern but after downloading some RAW files from DP Review I was happy that this was the camera for me!

My main reasons for purchasing were:
  • Approx 100% viewfinder, amazing how different this is.
  • 19 cross type AF points - the more the merrier!
  • 18MP I upload some images to Alamy and this will mean I no longer have to upsize them.
 There are numerous other functions that are really useful as well but these were the main ones driving my decision. I have only been out with the camera a couple of times but I am really happy with my choice.

I shoot in RAW and then post process in Lightroom so far I have seen no evidence of soft images that I cannot attribute to me messing up the shot.

I have sent a few images to a Alamy and an awaiting their quality control to see if the unsharpened files pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment